Hi from Melbourne

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scott tinkler 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sassie

Hi,

I’m Sass from Melbourne, and I’m fairly new to running. I’ve not run much as an adult and have always worn flat, minimal shoes for walking, so barefoot seemed the most logical style to me. I had been fitted professionally in the past for cross training shoes for the gym, however found the 2cm heel awful to even walk in. My first run (doing C25K) I thought id try my trainers but I felt like I was running in wobbly high heels, so I took them off and ran in socks, and have not put shoes on since – I’m now in week 5 and feel great. I’m currently in the west, so my running is all on concrete at present.
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself 🙂

scott tinkler
    Participant

Hi Sassie, I do heaps of barefoot on concrete too, seems in Melb many of the tracks, like the Capital City trail are concrete, I find it really nice to run on.
    I’m new to running too, never thought I’d go that way due to a bad back, but now in my late 40’s doing 10-20k regularly and the back is better for it.
    Might see you out there one day, enjoy the miles with smiles! Cheers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.